Thursday, May 27, 2010

Priorities

I haven't blogged in a few days due to all of the stuff Hans and I have been busy with.

I had another ephiphany today. I am very glad I know what my priorities are.

1. God
2. Husband
3. Children
4. Parents & Family
5. Work (Day Job)
6. And business

I witness other people, however, take their god-given talents and use them for their own selfish purposes. They take #1, and shove it way down below everything else.

It is their own personal struggle, however, it ceases to amaze me that for a spiritual baby, I know more about what my priorities are then people who have grown up in a spritual setting. Why, I am not sure. All I know is, I will never put my work or business before my family or my children. and certaintly not ahead of the Man himself.

Recently, my husband started his photography business. He has had great success with it while growing in his profession as well as growing spiritually. Never once though, has he put his business, or his profession over me, the girls, or family. He will not let that happen. He has taught me a valuable lesson in life, and that is the importance of the family relationship. He's very wise for his young age. :)

God however, still remains his and my top priority. We have committed to our church our time, money, and faith to watch our pastor and his wife build the church God has called them to do. They are wonderful people, and I can' t imaging growing in my faith anywhere but with them.

The point of my post today is that at one point in my life, I did have my priorities twisted. But I can't imagine being where I am today without knowing whats truly important in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment