Thursday, May 20, 2010

Addiction

I am finding this blogging to be quite addictive. What is it that drives us to addiction? I have fought off alot of addictions in my life. But it seems, everytime one goes away, I find a new one. People with addictive personalities tend to switch to other enjoyable activities when deprived of the opportunity to participate in the original addiction.

The difference tho between THEN and NOW is that I choose to only be addicted to things that will positively affect my life as opposed to negatively. I've chosen to be addicted to Christ, to learning the truth written in the bible. Also, I am choosing, oddly, to be addicted to sewing and crocheting, as dorky as that sounds, it is such a positive outlet for the stresses I experience throughout the day and I have made some good friends in the process of learning.

I recently found myself getting quite addicted to Facebook. Why? Because its some alternative world to our own reality? What ends up happening is you see the varying emotions and moods of all of your friends day in and day out. At any given point, you will know what your friends have done, what they have eatin, when they go to the bathroom, when they go to bed, etc. etc. . Its almost like information overload. Its hard enough that we have to manage a daily routine ourselves, let alone all of your friends on Facebook. So now, I have cut myself to only looking at it once a day, because any more than that is just too much.

Some closing thoughts/scripture:
Rom. 14:23 - "whatever is not of faith is sin"

Thank you all for reading my posts. God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment