Saturday, June 5, 2010

Brides and Blankies

I've been a bad blogger, I was doing really good for a few days, and now its been over a week since I've blogged. So to catch you all up, this is a two part blog, Brides and Blankies.

Part 1: Brides
So, L'Esprit had a wedding shoot in Clearwater Beach over memorial day weekend. The bride, Katie, is a nurse in Norfolk, VA. What's truly inspiring about her, is not only passion for wanting to help people(being a nurse for new babies), but in supporting her husband, a Navy officer. Sometimes he can be deployed for 3-6 months at a time, even longer. I don't know what I do without Hans for a week! But.......many military wives, like Katie experience this as a part of their day to day life. My heart truly goes to all the women who stand behind their men as they serve their country to support our freedoms. To brag on Hans a little bit, his pictures of this wedding were breathtaking, and it was truly a team effort, with three of us working it, including our other photographer, Mike Clementi. Here is the beautiful bride, Katie....



Part 2: Blankies
So, by now, you know I've started sewing. By no means am I actually "good" at it, but I have attempted a few projects in the last few months, thanks to help of some friends. I am doing the easy stuff. The harder stuff seems to take much longer, and have been really pressed for time lately. But, for a good friend, of mine, Katy (diff spelling, haha), is having her second child, a baby girl, and her shower is tomorrow!! I decided to find some cool flannel at Joanns and make a nice big (36X36) receiving blanket. Good for swaddling, burping, and whatever else the baby wants to do with it, lol. Here is a pic of the nicely wrapped gift:

No comments:

Post a Comment