Monday, March 21, 2011

Reset, Recharge, Renew

ts been awhile since I have blogged. I guess you can say, time has a way of getting away from you. Very easily it seems. Its so easy to get caught up in the busyness of life, that you forget, just to reset, recharge, and renew.

Reset
When I first started this blog, I had planned on really just journaling my life for me and those who chose to read it. Many of my posts though got into ranting, and I needed a reset button. That's not me, life is too short to constantly rant about unimportant things. Maybe it was just that time of the month or something, but my reset button is going in the positive direction, not the negative.

Recharge
I recently picked up a more active role in many things at my job, so it has made my work days, long, productive, but very much mentally exhausting. So in January, Hans and I planned our spring break vacation in March to Pigeon Forge, TN. We spent our honeymoon there almost two years ago, and we really enjoyed the time.

This was truly a memorable vacation, both of our moms were able to go....and spending a whole week uninterrupted with the girls was priceless. As a working mom, I look forward to this kind of quality time with my girls. My goal in the future is not to let these times get past me and to truly enjoy every minute with them, not being so caught up in the chores, stuff, and normal daily routine.

We rented a bike from the local Harley D and took a ride down the back roads and mountains of Smoky Mountain National Park. Just something purely exhilarating about being one with God's beautiful nature and the temperature was a perfect 70 degrees. ;)

On our last day, we got lucky and had a few snow flurries. Enough to sit on the van, cabin, and roll up into little balls to throw snow at each other! It wasn't something I had seen with my girls before, so that was pretty sweet. Even though we ended up in the car for the next 13 hours after that, I really, really felt like my batteries were recharged, it was good because I had a baby shower to get ready for the day after we came home!






Renew

God has a way of renewing our mind in even the smallest ways. This past week, I went to our married couples small group solo. (Hans had band practice), our lesson for the week was about Abrham and Sarai, and them questioning what God had promised them and being in fear and getting themselves ahead of God's plan. I realized during our discussion how much of a different person I have become in the last several years, but not necessarily saying it, but feeling it, deep down inside, in my heart. I feel even the deep parts of my heart truly believe that the life I am living now is what God has had planned for me, and I can't imagine doing life with anyone else but the family and friends in my life. I want to focus on renewing my faith, my heart, my love for my husband, my love for my children, and its just the beginning.



No comments:

Post a Comment